Saturday, November 22, 2008

Picture posts

I'm going to try to post twice today, so stay tuned. First some leftover pictures and updates.

1) I have started swimming with the Wenatchee masters swim team. The upside is that I like swimming. The downside is that they swim from 5:30-7am in the morning. But even that has some advantages. On my way to the high school pool one morning, I saw a whole bunch of kids in dark clothes playing out in the middle of the road. Dumb and scary. But then I got closer and realized it was actually three deer walking down the street.

2) As fall turns towards winter, I figured I'd post a series of pictures which are, essentially, my walk to work -- pre-snow. We haven’t actually had snow in the Wenatchee valley yet, but we’re starting to see some dusting of the hills on the edges of town. And that impending snow has meant going and getting studded snow tires for the car (mountains plus snow apparently equlas everyone in town switching to snow tires for winter) -- go figure. Anyway, here's that walk to work, starting on our block and ending up at the research station.

3) Also, here are a couple of pictures from the “Some Enchanted Eating” benefit dinner put on by the CSA that Mike has been working for, which we spent a Saturday a few weeks ago helping to decorate and serve food for. Fun (and apparently the dessert was yummy).

4) And lastly, Mike & I just came back from a quick weekend trip to Houston visiting old friends and also my bro, who is playing masked carillon in the country's biggest Renaissance Fair. Here's a taste of the slightly odd but creative energy that goes into the loose re-creatings of medieval times that currently characterize Plantersville, Texas (including a movie of Yoni playing -- ooh... (hope it works)).

1 comment:

Ben said...

Wow -- the video of Yoni is really cool. I like the goat videos, too. Glad to hear that they're adapting slowly but surely.