1. Up Saddle Rock (one of the hills in town)
2. Up Castle Rock, a similar hill but nearer our house, with good views of Wenatchee.
3. Ridge to River race -- relay that started at the top of the Mission Ridge ski hill 12 miles out of town and included a cross-country ski, downhill ski, run, bike ride, and kayak paddle on the river down below. Our team (sorry, I can't figure out how to get it un-upside-down!):

4. Spring bloom and getting greener in Wenatchee:
5. Goats in spring (back from Moses Lake!):
Hoof trimming:
Lawn mowing:
Cleaning out the winter pen:
6. Other stuff:
In May, Mike & I are going to move to a new place -- about 20 miles from where we are now, up a canyon outside of town -- downsides include the longer commute, but big big upsides include more living space with a couple of acres and a barn and fence, i.e. more room for goats (plus gardens and potential for chickens and hopefully on-their-way goat babies). Stay tuned for eventual pictures of the new setup.
Also, it's Apple Blossom Festival here in Wenatchee, which means a park full of food vendor trucks (including kebabs and gyros, food I like that we don't normally get here!). It also means music and events and apple blossom princesses, and a big parade for which people have placed plastic chairs on the sidewalk along the parade route a good 3-4 weeks in advance to reserve their spot for watching. So walking around downtown now means avoiding the hundreds of empty yard chairs lining the streets. We'll check out some of the events and keep you posted.
Meanwhile, a picture from (a meeting in) Plain, WA, an hour uphill from here.
2 comments:
You sure have found a beautiful spot to settle (for the moment, at least). We come to your blog whenever we need to transcend the New Jersey congestion for a minute.
It is a pretty spot, I'm constantly tempted to take pictures of how it changes (and gets greener and then eventually will get browner again) every day, but then I figure that that'd just be overload :)
Meanwhile, I always like visiting your blog too -- for the stories and pictures of the girls and you & Tom -- makes NJ seem just that much closer!
Post a Comment