Monday, March 2, 2015

Oren

Arrival of Oren, February 11th, 2015, 9 lbs 10 oz, 20 1/2 inches!






Pictures from visitors and brit milah (pictures courtesy of said visitors)









We have had lots of nice visits, and it's nice now to have no visitors for a while too.  And while having three kids, the oldest of whom is 3 1/2, sounds (to me) like a lot to juggle, Oren has been pretty chill so far, and Eytan and Lieli have been pretty accommodating so far... so, so far so good.  Harder has been figuring out how to structure our days/lives in ways that work, and how to manage 3-year-old crazinesses and some impending almost-2-year-old crazinesses, so, on all that, we'll see.

And meanwhile, (I feel like you're not supposed to say this about having a newborn, but), I actually haven't had this much time to nap or cook or watch movie clips or go out in the snow in years (I don't always take advantage of it, but that's something else). Okay, it's not quite true when daycare for the older kids is closed for snow/cold or when we're all sick at home or when I get pulled back into little bits of work stuff, but outside of that, in this case, 3 little kids seems more manageable than 2 kids and a crazy job. 

Perhaps it feels that way in part too because when Li'el was born, neither Mike nor I really had any sort of parental leave, so while I'm not on a "turn off your email and phone and come back in a few months" kind of maternity leave, it's still a big improvement.  Interestingly, I just looked back at what I posted right after Eytan was born, and apparently, it was something similar -- so perhaps it's not that things are so chill per se, just that new babies become a good excuse for us to say no to taking on some extra obligations.

Meanwhile, in other non-new-baby related news, some other leftover wintery pictures.








And leftover work pictures (from chicken butchering and chocolate making classes)





And, finally, a short music video for your viewing pleasure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! :o)