Meanwhile, the longer term goal is to try and keep, inasmuch as possible, my work more balanced than it was last fall (so far I have not been terribly successful, but I'll try again), and to appreciate the really interesting parts of it without going nuts; and for Mike to get some more teaching experience under his belt... and then maybe, if we can, make an escape back to somewhere more like our old canyon, with perhaps less exciting job (at least for me) but hopefully greater quality of life, in a more "off the beaten track" sort of way.
April and May saw visits from Grandma and Grandpa and from Safta, Great-George, Unc, and Rafi. Here are a bunch of pictures from their visits (including Lieli's second birthday!)


And looking ahead, we've made some, well, very incremental progress towards a less crazy summer than the last few... We did not succeed in our original goal of staying put all summer, but at least instead of leaving for the entire summer, we'll just come and go -- to Minnesota for a week in May (for a wedding), to upstate New York for a long weekend in June (for a wedding), to Washington state for two weeks in July (for my research grant), and to Costa Rica for two weeks in August (I'm teaching a class there). Updates to come, I'm sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment