Friday, May 31, 2013

Two

All is well in Pittsburgh land.

Li'el is growing... looking around more and holding her head up and all... see?

Earlier

More recent

Eytan is growing too... climbing and running and jumping and singing and stringing together sentences.  I like his recent choices of farm animals to fill in the Old MacDonald song -- it almost always used to be "puppy"; now it's usually "mama" or "papa"; as in, "Old MacDonald had a... papa, e-i-e-i-o"... I think we'd make okay farm animals.

 
(and he still fits in a carrier if patience allows)

The two kiddos sort of get to hang out with each other, in an infant/toddler sort of way.  Eytan is still a fan of trying to give (or sometimes take away) Li'el's pacifier.  She hasn't yet started returning the favor.


Early on


I didn't get a picture of Eytan carrying Li'el under one arm like a football so this one will have to do instead...


More recent

Since Li'el wasn't born in the close vicinity of goats, we decided to take her to see cows in her early weeks...


Well, actually, I had a field trip for work, so all four of us went along (and I was excited to get some good cow pictures, since it can sometimes be hard to do!)



And we had visits from Mike's mom and stepdad (who is also a Mike)...

 
Eytan was a big fan of using the Mike's-foot-stepstool for climbing up onto the futon.



As for other Mike and I, well, we're running around a bit between infant and toddler and visitors and classes and work and figuring out where to live next year (we're getting closer) and where to bring the kids to daycare in the fall (I think we know that one) and how to make travel plans to WA this summer (almost totally resolved here).  We're, as usual, a little overcommitted, and only sort of succeeding at doing enough of what we like without doing too much.

Oh, and we went to New Haven for my (15th) college reunion last weekend, and met up with old friend Lina and family.  The reunion itself was probably lukewarm -- sort of interesting to be around campus, but most of the people I knew weren't there, so not super interesting from that respect.  But I had never been to a reunion before, and it was nice to see Lina et al.(and the Novick/Kagans who I used to babysit for!).

Stay tuned for presumably more updates on travel and moves and all that stuff next time...

No comments: